This course is your travel guide through the many challenges facing educators who would like to to transform their students from passive receivers of static lectures into active participants exploring deep and diverse interests with enthusiasm and pleasure.
We will not just talk about new concepts and methodologies, we will actively apply them within the course sessions. Indeed, we will aim at “hacking” the traditional classroom, enabling approaches that can energize a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
We will draw on our extensive experience of creating and running innovative European pilot projects to introduce the principles and ideas behind innovative pedagogical methodologies like Inquiry Based Science Education (IBSE), Project Based Learning (PBL) and Interdisciplinarity. Together we will deconstruct fundamentals of modern education design at the classroom, school and curriculum level, and use the pieces to build a new model that you can tailor to your needs. We will incorporate 21st Century Skills that will give your students key competences that will prepare them for the exciting and rapidly changing social and work environments of tomorrow.
The main objective is to help teachers:
– Apply innovative methodologies such as Inquiry based learning
– Create the perfect environment, tailored to the needs of their students
– Prepare interdisciplinary lessons with the Big Ideas of Science
– Promote international collaborative projects
– Involve students in real research experiences
– Meet colleagues from different countries
– Creative Assessment
Come join us in the unique environment of Terceira Island, home of the UNESCO worldwide heritage ‘Angra do Heroismo,’ place of unique beauty for its geology, biology and its people.
The course fee for Erasmus+ applicants is 70€/day. The course fee covers:
– All materials needed for the course
– Tuition fee for lectures, seminars and workshops
Date: 17-23 June 2018 / 16-22 June 2019
Venue: Azores, Portugal