The Inspiring Science Education Academy 2016 (ISE) is specifically designed for teaching professionals in STEM disciplines and consists of several courses. The main objectives of all ISE courses are to introduce teachers to implementing Inquire Based Science Education (IBSE). Teachers and education professionals will be trained in transferring the concept of scientific methodology into the classroom and linking it with the numerous collections of open digital educational resources to design innovative educational scenarios.
By joining the course, you will be trained to:
- Know and understand the concepts and skills of inquiry based science education (IBSE)
- Bring into your classroom a unique collection of digital resources and tools
- Appropriately select and exploit freely available digital tools and resources to create educational scenarios
- Understand the concept of “Big Ideas of Science” as a mean of building multidisciplinary activities;
- Be able to develop strategies on how to embody new methodologies into the curriculum and science teaching practice;
- Be acquainted with the potential of popular social media tools, science outreach websites and European teachers’ communities;
- Be part of the ISE community where teachers, teacher trainers, education policy makers, practicing scientists and others are included to discuss their learning and teaching practices and exchange ideas
- Have experienced a creative and inspired working atmosphere as well as a culture of collaboration among teachers of different science disciplines in organizing multidisciplinary activities
Participation in the course can be funded through the ERASMUS+ Programme. The deadline for schools’ applications is 2 February 2016, 12:00 CET.
More info at: http://ise.ea.gr/