The solar system is littered with Ice. The bulk of this material orbits quietly in the outer Solar System, but sometimes, something disturbs the ice and the come plunging in toward the Sun. In this Hangout, we will discuss comets, how we explore them, and how they brought water to worlds like Earth.
This learning scenario is prepared by Inspiring Science Education (ISE) for teachers and educators around the world focuses on the topic ‘Comets.’ We invite you to follow the instruction below and complete the scenario to earn ISE badges and certificates.
- Register on GTTP website and on the Discover the COSMOS Community on the ISE website (using the same name and email address).
- Once registered, you will receive email from GTTP and ISE. Please confirm your accounts.
- Watch the hangout video below.
- After watching the hangout, head over to Discover the COSMOS Community at ISE.
- Select the relevant sub-community related to the hangout you followed.
- Download the related scenario template, edit it to better suit your needs, and upload it to ISE website.
- Once your uploaded materials are accepted, you will get a badge and a certificate via email within a week.
Please refer to the section 3 of ‘Inspiring Science Education Teacher Guide‘ for step-by-step guidance on using the ISE portal.
GTTP is partnering with the Inspiring Science Education program to create a series of professional development activities designed to help teachers and educators to learn and create resources on big topics in Astronomy and Planetary Science. The series is supported by Ellinogermaniki Agogi and NUCLIO in the framework of the European Science Education Academy and the Galileo Teacher Training Programme. Hangouts are hosted by Dr Pamela L Gay.